Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Winter Winds

My last blog expressed my feelings about changing my 'Christmas' tradition for the first time in 16 years.

As I would have guessed, my first Christmas in the UK was fabulous. Much like with my time in Long Island, the amount of food consumed was ridiculous. Only difference was that now it was spread out over three days. Doesn't seem as though I've gained any (noticeable) weight, which, after the chocolate, alcohol, turkey, duck, chicken and everything else, is rather surprising. The food, to put it simply, was nothing short of incredible.










While we were singing carols on the Green with a majority of the villagers, I realised that I was in the middle of something that closely resembled Stars Hollow (a nice Gilmore Girls reference for those of you out there). Not only is the village small, but everyone knows who you are and are beyond genuine. I can't even count the amount of times I went up to introduce myself to someone in the village and they already knew/heard 'quite a lot about [me]'.

After 18'' of snow hitting the north a week ago, the landscape was something out of a storybook; a lovely picturesque scene. Going down the pub was a great time. Once again, people were nothing but friendly and the atmosphere was lively. Over all, I had a fantastic Christmas experience. And even though I was 3,000 miles away from the Levin/Fleischhacker family in Long Island, I still was able to Skype via the computer here!

I put a few pictures up for those of you don't have facebook. We'll hopefully be staying up North until the new year (though it's possible we'll be spending our time by the Thames for fireworks). I must admit, this is the first time in three years I won't be with Salcock for New Years. Love, have a good glass of wine and a few shots in my name and tell everyone hello for me.

As usual, I'll be posting my reflection update towards the end of the week with a look back at 2010. In the mean time, enjoy this grey area in the Holiday season!

No comments: